Monday, January 10, 2011

Write Fonts

When my daughters had to start doing homework in cursive they came to me almost daily asking me to show them how to write various letters. It's been years since I learned formal cursive handwriting and my characters didn't always match what the school taught. I needed cursive handwriting fonts.

While most of the handwriting styles in this collection are those taught in US schools, including D'Nealian, Zaner-Boser, and Getty-Dubay Italic, I have found a few for styles taught in the UK, parts of Australia, and other areas. I'll continue to add to the collection of free fonts and links to shareware and commercial ones for other styles as I find them.

It's not just teachers that use these fonts. They can make a nice addition to a school newsletter or incorporated in graphics used for school Web sites or for any publication or Web site dealing with education.

Free Handwriting Fonts for Teachers
There are far more commercial offerings that freebies, but I have found a few that may suit your needs. Some are designed specifically for teaching handwriting skills and others are close and perhaps suitable in a pinch. You'll find some print or manuscript, cursive, and trace fonts with and without rules in a limited variety of styles.
[Free School Fonts] updated August 2008

Shareware Handwriting Fonts for Teachers
This category includes downloadable try-before-you-buy shareware school fonts in manuscript, cursive, and trace versions. Some are free for personal use.
[Shareware School Fonts]

Commercial Handwriting Fonts for Teachers
Many companies offer a wide range of school fonts designed for teaching handwriting skills. There are print, cursive, and trace fonts in all the major styles. Some include the ruled lines that are found on ruled handwriting paper.
[Commercial School Fonts]


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment