Thursday, January 19, 2012

Designers Must Write

Design, just like writing, is about communication. While most designers don't consider themselves writers, writing is a large part of what we do. After more than a decade writing about graphic design and desktop publishing I identify myself as a writer more often than as a designer. That wasn't always the case. Yet even in my earliest days of doing design work I was writing regularly. Like me, you probably wrote and rewrote your own brochure. You probably write letters or email to clients, job proposals, and perhaps a marketing newsletter and your own Web site. Designers need to be able to communicate in writing. I'm not the only designer writing about the need for writing.

Explore why Designers Need to Know How to Write.

Do you write? Do you write well? What kind of writing do you do in connection with your design or desktop publishing work?


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment