Thursday, September 20, 2012

InDesign Document Area

Binding Spine in InDesign Binding Spine in InDesign

Images by E. BrunoIn order to explain how you can set your spine, I have to quickly show you the Page palette... Have a look at this illustration. You can see a 3 pages spread and how it looks like in the Pages palette. You can also see the ruler's origin which in the Preferences was set to Spine.

This is how I have made this spread. I have opened a new document with the Facing Pages option checked. Page 1 was already there. I then dragged the 2 pages that you see just under page 1 in the Page palette. At this point the spine was in the middle of the two pages. I selected the two page spread and then I went to the Page palette menu and I have activated the Keep Spread Together option. I then added the third page to the two pages spread to make it a three pages spread, to obtain what you see. You can add pages anywhere on the left or on the right of the original two pages spread. You can have a maximum of 10 pages in 1 spread.

View a Flash animation of the above steps.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment