Saturday, May 16, 2015

Dropping Drop Shadows Into Place

A tweet of a psdtuts+ tutorial from last year on drop shadows made me realize that lately I've gotten a bit lazy about my drop shadows. I'll often add them without giving any real thought to what they represent. This, despite having written an extensive tutorial awhile back on the proper use of drop shadows. So, this morning I've rounded up ?series of articles that address the use of drop shadows. Your challenge is to start building better drop shadows for all your new projects.

Drop shadows enhance illusion of layering.

After you've learned the science of drop shadows as discussed in the tutorial, above, learn how to create them in the software of your choice:

Yes, I realize the list, above, is very Adobe-centric. Here's a round-up of tutorials (some are very basic) that cover several other popular software packages and ways of using drop shadows:

After you have a handle on drop shadows, move on to cast or perspective shadows. Let the texture and color of the background show through cast shadows.

Connect with me on:
Facebook | Twitter |Google+ | Pinterest


View the original article here


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

No comments:

Post a Comment